Friday, March 11, 2011

Stop And Think

Ok so I goofed up pretty bad this morning. I was having a conversation with a dear friend of mine on Facebook and I said some stuff that I probably shouldn't have said. At all.

I thought I was going to be smart and try to say some stuff that I've been learning from mentors of mine, however it backfired on me. My friend and I were talking about the Japan earthquake and the end of the world. I went off about how thoughts like that are dictating us and some other stupid stuff.

God proved a point to me tonight. And I fear it may have cost me respect from my friend. Which would really suck, but it would be deserved. God proved to me that I truly need to stop and think about what I say before I say (or in this case, type) it. I have a trending topic on Twitter that I say a lot. #FoolsShameTheWise. I always think of myself as a fool, but tonight I learned what a fool really is. Sadly I learned this in less than 20 minutes.

I have a lot to learn and I had to be reminded that I'm human and prone to make mistakes. I still know that God loves me and I know that He will bring me out of this smarter and stronger. Right now though, I just have a strong feeling of guilt and stupidity. I think my heart was in the right place, but I know now that I'm not the best with words. I guess I'm kinda like Moses. All through Exodus he tells God that he has a speech problem. I know I do. I can speak, but it's very difficult. God still uses Moses and his brother Aaron to demand the Pharaoh to release the Israelites.

The reason I'm posting this blog so early after this event is because this happens to much to people. They think they know what they are talking about and then they quickly realize they might not know as much as they thought. But sometimes getting a little bit of harsh reality can be good. For me, I learned real fast to be slow to speak, think though what I want to say, and be quick to listen.

I think with that I'm going to stop talking for a little while so I can work on thinking before speaking.

Grace and Blessings

Richie

PS I do pray for everyone that will be affected by the tsunami. I pray God will be with them. He will provide. Let his glory be shown.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Richie, I enjoy reading your post. You should read James 3( The Bible).
    God bless

    ReplyDelete