Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Challenge Myself To...

So...I have decided that I'm going to challenge myself. I have realized over this summer that I am being lazy, and I don't like it. I have been complaining and not doing anything about it. I keep wondering why I feel like crap 80% of the time, well I'm going to get off my bum and do something bout this. Here's me revisiting my goals I set at the beginning of the summer and revising them.

#1: Get out of the house everyday for 2 hours, bare minimum. The more and more I keep staying at my house the less reasons I have to justify why nobody wants to hang out with me. I'm going to get out and go do something, even if I have to walk in the heat or rain for 2 hours I'm going to do it. I'm getting tired of thinking I don't have anything to do. It's crazy. It doesn't help my mental state. I keep getting millions of thoughts poured into my head, it's almost driving me crazy. Got to go look around for work. Go meet people. Etc.

#2: Not being on the internet as much. Sure I'll get on it to check my email and update on here, but I'm going to try and keep my Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ usage to notification checking and responding only. Work at it and then try to fast from total internet minus email and blogger usage for a while. Get it built up.

#3: Pray and get back into the Word of God. Right after I get done with this post, thats exactly what I'm going to do until I fall asleep. Going to pray for God to show me hints and previews of prayers and concerns that are on my mind. Read a little bit and then fall asleep ready to get at it tomorrow.

#4: Exercise. A lot. Go jogging/running. Walk all the way around town, weights, swimming, something to keep my blood going, my mind cleared, and the physical aspects of it to. I can't lie, I want a cut 6 pack, pecs, biceps and triceps. No lie. I know it'll be a while before I get there, but I want to give it a shot. I also am going to start changing my diet as best as I can for what food I have and can afford. Ate some southern greens the other day that tasted horrible, but I'm going to give them a shot and see if I can get the acquired taste for them.

#5: Get on a better sleep schedule. I wrote this blog at 2:30 in the morning my time. I get enough sleep, its the time in which I go to bed/fall asleep that kills me. It's got to stop and get better. Going to start working my way to bed no later than midnight. Tomorrow I may not be able to begin that because I may just be going to see the Harry Potter midnight showing, but whatever.

Finally #6: God has been showing me Romans 15: 1-7 a lot lately, which talks about servitude. Something that I do, but not a lot of. I have offered to do babysitting for a friend of mine, I would go volunteer at the Boys and Girls Club, the Animal Shelter, helping people in town somehow. I can't really give money because thats something I don't have, and I don't really have anything possession wise that would be of much value or help to someone in need, but I do have enough time that I can give that.

With all of this though I will need some help. I'm going to need accountability. So, if you read this and we're friends. Please help me out with this. I think this will do me good.

I think that if I can obtain these goals from now till the end of the year, some things will begin to be revealed to me in due time. So I'm going to be working my butt off and trying my best to accomplish these goals.

So with that said I only got two words..........CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!


Till next time

Richie The Rapper

No comments:

Post a Comment