Monday, May 2, 2011

Shock and Reflection

In light of what has transpired in the last day, I wanted to do a quick blog in personal reflection.

I want to start off by saying that by no means do I not love America. We are blessed to be in this country, and I take all of our freedoms humbly. However, and I don't want to make this a political blog, but America. I'm going to say this up front, explain, and then go on to say what I wanted to talk about with this blog. Then pass out for the night. I'm a say this upfront. STOP CELEBRATING OSAMA'S DEATH!!!!!! I say this out of love and concern. Think about it. When 9/11 happened and they showed the video feed of the middle east with the children throwing up "V's" they weren't aimed positively at us. With us pumping our fist in celebration about Osama's death what kinda message do you think that will send to those in the middle east? Just stop and come up with your own conclusions to that question. All I'm going to say is that it won't be good.

For anyone in the Middle East that happens to stumble upon this blog, please know that not all Americans/Christians are evil and bad willed. We're still trying to get it figured out to.

But enough about that. I said more than I wanted to with it. Tonight because of this, I started going in a panic mode. I had to stop, take a deep breath, and look for something God wanted to show me. And it wasn't were I was expecting. I tried at first with friends of mine online, but that wasn't where God wanted me to talk about it. Instead God had me run into a friend of mine from my building. We talked and God used his words to ease my body, mind, and soul. He gave me a couple of verses that were just so encouraging. Philippians 4:6-7: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (NIV)

These verses help me so much. I have always had a battle with worrying. Part of me thinks its genetic. Part of me thinks it's because of my past. But either way, I acknowledge that I have a struggle with worry. I have realized that I get kinda worldly in a lot of ways about things. I worry about really big stuff and really little stuff. Case extremes: big stuff-Leaving Earth to Heaven. Little stuff-what shirt am I going to wear today.

I think after tonight this battle will now be easier to fight through, if I stay in what Philippians says. Not to be anxious. I know that in order to do this, I can't do it alone. I feel that God wants me to start being with more people, both Christian and non (I'll explain why) alike. As for hanging with believers thats obvious, to learn, grow, and fellowship. For hanging with non-believers, well...isn't that what God has commanded us to do? To show His love to those who do not believe? Not only that, but is that not what Jesus did while He walked the Earth? So yea. Basically saying...I need to get out of this room. Lol.

But I'm going to go to bed and rest. I will need my strength. Again, I'm not anti-American and in some ways I am relieved to know that Osama's personal terror on earth has come to a close, but I do not celebrate in his demise. We are all humans and have fallen short of the glory of God because of sin. In a lot of ways, we are no better than Osama was. Read Proverbs 24:17 real talk. Thats all I'm sayin. Well good night and God bless.

Richie Tha Rapper

No comments:

Post a Comment