Saturday, May 28, 2011

More Than A Foster Child

So this has been on my heart lately. I'm planning on doing a track strictly dedicated to foster care. Using real stories of real foster youth who, like me, have gone through the system and everything that happens with it. The emotions, the pains, being let down, you name it.

I've already got a beat for it and am currently writing to it. But I need help: If you are reading this and have been through the foster care system for any length of time and want to tell your story I want to know it. I promise that I won't use your name if you don't want me to. Just send me an email to richieycr@gmail.com telling however much you want. I'm really looking for stories that have this in them. 1) your thoughts and feelings that you have or are currently going through, 2) what got you into foster care, and 3) what your thoughts and feelings are about your future and where your going.

I don't have any intention of making this song "religious," I really want to put this topic out there. Let people understand what us youth have gone through in the system. Please I really am requiring help on this one. I don't plan on using my own story for this one, cuz I'll use my story in almost every other song. So help a brother out!

Richie Tha Rapper

No comments:

Post a Comment