Thursday, June 2, 2011

How to have...

Here in America right now, this topic is nothing short of appropriate. With the devastating storms that have been ravishing through the country, there are uncertainties, doubts, and very negative emotions running through many peoples minds these days. People are having anxiety attacks because of the violent tornado's that have been affecting many.

I am sure that there are many in places such as Joplin, Missouri right now that are shaking their fists at God for what has happened to them with the destruction of their home, the death of someone they know, or just because of the destructive tornado that ripped through their hometown.

Now this is nothing new though, these types of storms have hit like this before, but we aren't use to them affecting so many people. Some might say that this is the beginning of God's "Judgement." Na, I don't think so. I think this is just another tribulation that we will have to go through that will test our faith. For some of us, these storms could be used to renew and refresh our faith. For some, this could be a divine appointment for people to know Christ as their Savior. The sad thing is though...for some, wither they have already passed or not because of the storms, will not come to Christ. Thats just the harsh reality.

But I know for me, that I don't want to be scared of these storms (I want to be smart about them though, don't get that confused). I want to be able to be strong when I hear that a storm is coming my way. To know that there will be peace in it. To have courage. Not prideful courage, no, I want to have that blessed courage, that divine courage. The courage to know that though this storm can be dangerous and I will nervous and even scared, but I will know that Christ is there and that His hand will guide me through.

Now, this doesn't mean just Thunderstorms/Tornado's and other bad weather (though that could be a part of it), but with the storms of life. I have gone through bad things in my life, bad storms if you will. I have lost my family in all but death, moved more than any kid ever should, I know what it's truly like to be without friends, the list goes on. Yet, even when I hadn't accepted Christ into my life, I still knew in my mind that God had me go through it for a bigger reason than I could ever understand. The storm of my future will be like that of Kansas weather...ever present and completely unpredictable. However I shall keep my heart to Christ. I will live in the everyday and take each blessing as they come. I want to be used as a light to help show and guide others that these storms are only temporary. That there will be sunshine and a rainbow after the clouds pass.

That's all for now. I hope everyone is safe. My prayers and thoughts go out to all that have been affected by tornado's in the past few weeks. Know that God loves you and that there is a purpose in everything that He does. Be quick to listen and slow to anger. Be in prayer. Be thankful for what He has given and what he has taken.

Richie Tha Rapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment