Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Being Thankful

I know I haven't posted in a while. Sorry for that. I've been having some stuff I've been going through as of late. I wanted to make a quick post of a list of things that I'm thankful for.

Lately, I've been having a hard time feeling Christ in my life. Satan been throwing curve balls at me left and right. So here are some things I'm thankful for:

1. Christ: For coming to this world, living a perfect life to die for my sins. I know it sounds cliche but John 3:16 for real.

2. Life. Every aspect of it. From breathing, thinking...feeling. Everything. My life has been nothing short of a blessing and gift from God.

3. My Family: For my Mom and Dad, for my Sister, for my Grandmother, Aunts, Uncles, and most of all, my Great Grandmother. I need to call her more often. But I love them, even if I had times of bitterness or resentment towards members of my family. (Most of which I won't mention) but I do love them.

4: My Gift of Music: I feel that God will continue to help mold and shape this gift. I am so thankful. It has been such a blessing to be able to use it. Even though it's mostly for my own therapy and way of escape. I pray that God will just let it pour out to people around me.

5: My mentors: I am so thankful for the mentors Christ has put into my life. Especially my friend and brother in Christ Matthew Crawford. He's given me such great encouragement and helped me through some of my most difficult challenges in the last year or so. Much love to you brother.

6: My Real Friends: In all honesty, this is really a very small number, but I'm thankful for those who I've been able to communicate with. Even if it isn't always daily, I can at least know that these friends have my back through thick and thin.

I've been facing some really tough challenges lately. I feel like nothing but negativity has been dropped on me. So I think its good that I just take a moment, breathe, and remember all the positive gifts that God has blessed me with.

Richie Tha Rapper

No comments:

Post a Comment