Monday, April 25, 2011

Godz Chisel'd Masterpiece (The Concept)

So as I'm working on this project for my first release. I want to talk about the idea behind the tittle of what I want my first official album will be. I will be releasing an EP, hopefully and God willing, at some point this year called "The Richie Buzz EP." It'll have somewhere between 4-6 of the best tracks that will be on the album, including the upcoming single "Only God" featuring Poem Of God. I will do a post specifically for that track.

So. I'm in the production process of "Godz Chisel'd Masterpiece" right now. As far as the instrumentals are concerned, I am getting there. I just retuned the instrumental to "Only God." Now to get my other tracks going.

But enough bout all that though. It's time to let you know bout the concept behind the album that will be coming out after the EP.

I got the tittle "Godz Chisel'd Masterpiece" after I watched the video "Gods Chisel" by the Skit Guys. By the way huge shout out to them. If you haven't seen their videos go check em out on youtube and check out their website: www.skitguys.com

The idea behind it is that we are Gods workmanship. He created us to be his perfect creation. But because of sin we have things of us in our statue that need chiseled away. The things that aren't of God. But because of our human nature, we don't let God take control of our lives. We also don't see ourselves as masterpieces. In our day and age, society takes a heavy thought of "not looking like yourself." With what society presses these days with having to be the most athletic person who's slim and buff, and with the ladies to look pretty in the eyes of the world with makeup and cosmetic surgery. As well as being as skinny as a stick. Lets face it. Not everyone is cut out to look like that. But rest assured, in God's eyes, your perfect just the way you are.

My lyrics, generally speaking will be a mixture between stories/parables to 3rd person views of what people in this world really go through, both Christian and non. I know what I'm going to do won't be liked by many in the industry, but you know what? Someone got to keep it 100. I've grown up exposed to so many different lifestyles and mindsets. I've hung around so many who are not Christians. In a lot of ways I can understand where they are coming from, but with my album I want to share 2 major ideas: 1) We were made perfect by God, and He wants to get rid of everything that is not of Him out of our lives, and 2) To show the church that we need to start really understanding whats going on with people in this world. Lets face it. As a whole, we don't have it all together. Anyone who says the entire body of Christ has it together is pretty much lying. At least at the moment. We as the body need to stop and look around at the people we are trying to reach. Christians wonder why people hate us. It's because we don't do what Jesus wants us to do. We have misrepresented Christ longer than anyone on this Earth who is alive. And it's sad. I want to show the reasons people hate us (other than the fact that we are His followers), and show the ways that at least I've learned and that I feel God has placed on my heart, and that all starts with really reading into His Word.

On a small rant here, and I say this out of love, but one of my biggest pet peeves with the Church is when people (mostly pastors) say you can't preach the bible, because you didn't take seminary, or because you to young, etc, etc. Let me just ask this. Did Jesus go to seminary? Did the Apostles go to seminary? Are we all not Children in God's eyes? You want my Theology? Basic: God created us, God loves us, we screwed up, He made a promise to fix it. You'll hear in deeper context where that goes in my lyrics. I'm 19 years old and I know that God has had me go through everything that I've gone through for a distinct purpose.

So that's the basic concept behind my upcoming project "Godz Chisel'd Masterpiece." I really have a passion for music and I really love writing. I feel that this is something God has made me to do. I am always working on being humble and grateful for this gift and I want to do it all for nothing short of God's glory.


Richie Tha Rapper

No comments:

Post a Comment